7 Reasons to pick up Antifungal Nail Polishes for you makeup collection
Nail fungus is an infection that might not be hazardous, but care is always needed as it can cause the nails to feel and look bad. Its recovery is an ongoing and slow process, varying from days to weeks depending on the extent to which the fungus has outgrown, so one should never ignore this infection.
The best way to hide and treat the infection concurrently is to use antifungal nail polishes. It is fortunate that there is a wide range of colored and colorless antifungal nail polishes accessible in the markets that are designed to avoid the growth of fungus under the nails and to make them look better.
What Is Nail Fungus?
Nail fungus is an infection which is caused due to overgrowth of fungus in, under or around the nails. The nail become thicken, they crumble and break. It may also cause, tainted appearance, little pain and bad odor.
Is Nail Fungus Dangerous?
Normally, nail fungus is not as much to worry if it is treated correctly and on time. Severe cases of nail fungus can however lead to distorted nails which can result in lasting damage to the nails due to the blowout of infection.
Toenails Fungal Infection:
Toenails, fungal infections are more likely to appear in comparison to hands. They are caused when minute fungal organisms are transported from another sufferer through skin to skin interaction, or due to sharing of nail clippers, but they may also advance due to environmental conditions. Warm, soggy feet are the perfect target for fungi, and they just outgrow best if we wear shoes that are tight-fitting, also if we wear plastic gloves for long time, if one smokes or is suffering from diabetes.
However, treatment is available which is effective, but it is suggested to consult the dermatologist or doctor before, to take their advice. Luckily for nail polish lovers there is a solution to it and that is using of antifungal polish.
Does antifungal nail polish work?
Yes, antifungal nail polishes are filled with antibacterial and antifungal ingredients that not only help us in preventing the fungus from outspread but will also heal the nails. Though it is a time-taking option when compared to the other treatment options but It can be used as an effective treatment for fighting fungus
Containing antifungal ingredients and growth inhibitors such as amorolfine or ciclopirox, these polishes are a good way of curing the infection, and having pretty nails too. It’s important to follow the available
instructions, depending on the particular antifungal ingredient used as the polishes need to be applied in a specific way.
How to Use Antifungal Nail Polish?
Using an antifungal nail polish is a great way to treat fungus on nails and get better results. Here are a few steps to do so:
- Before applying the nail polish, we should cut and trim the nails as much as possible.
- These nail polishes should be applied once or twice a week as it consists of growth-inhibiting ingredients
- The first layer should be removed using an alcohol swab before applying a second layer.
- Use a colorless nail polish as a base and then apply any colored antifungal nail paint later
Tips for Treating Fungal Nails:
Here are a few tips for treating fungal nails:
- topical gels and serums to cleanse and treat your nails while using the antifungal nail polishes must be assured.
- nail lacquers having amorolfine must be used as it prevents the spread of fungus and fights against fungi, yeast, and molds
- apply the nail lacquer twice a week
- clean the nails thoroughly and dry the surface before applying color
- to prevent contamination, use sterile cotton buds on the nails
- Prevent exposure to extremely damp condition
- wear antimicrobial shoes and avoid nail trauma to heal the nails fast and maintain a regular foot-care routine,
- do not share your nail polish or clippers with other people
Best Antifungal Nail Polishes to use:
The some of the best antifungal nail polishes to use are:
It is highly recommended to choose organic and natural nail paint to stop nails from further damage if we are suffering from nail fungus. This non-toxic nail kit from Dr.’s Remedy comes with lively nail polish shades. These nail paints are strengthening, organic, lasting, non -toxic and is enhanced with ingredients like tea tree oil, garlic bulb extracts, biotin and lavender for preventing infections.
- A trivial and breathable coat that dries off quickly
- shine and stops breakage
- Organic and non-toxic nail paint with anti-bacterial and antifungal ingredients
- The nail paint cracks within a few days of application
- Consistency is very thick
It provides with antifungal and exciting bubble-gum pink nail polish! This nail paint is filled with undecylenic acid that stops fungal growth and keep nails safe. Its unique formula makes our nails look beautiful for days. The best part is that this nail paint will shine bright, without recurrent touch-ups. It is free from chemicals and toxins so it is safe to use.
- Pervaded with undecylenic acid for better protection against fungus
- Filled with natural ingredients
- Smooth application
- Thin consistency
If one is in search for pretty shades of purple, this purple orchid shimmery nail lacquer will be the best choice. It is free from formaldehyde, resins, camphor, and such harmful ingredients and is designed to keep nails safe. It is long-lasting and chip-resistant, so we can wear it for days without worrying about touch-ups.
- Filled with botanical grapefruit seed extracts to prevent fungus
- Works well on cracked, stained, thin, or peeling nails
- Recovers the appearance of nails
- has a medium consistency
- Takes long to dry
- Classy and expensive
It is long-lasting and durable. It brings to us a greatcoat that seals our nail paint and makes it last for weeks. We can apply it on the base coat or directly on nails to hide the fungus or white sports and protect the nails from any further damage.
- Can be used as base and top coat for both, fingernails and toenails
- Made of organic antifungal ingredients
- Provide with great shine and prevents nail breakage
- Repairs injured cells
- Does not have a strong smell
- Very thick and creates problem in its application